Twitter is currently the 2nd most important social media platform, with more than 310,000,000 unique visitors per month (to give you an idea of why this is so important, the current population of the United States is 318,554,000!)
Seeing this you’ll understand that having a strong presence on Twitter means a huge exposition for any user. The problem is that is hard to start building that presence from scratch. Twitter advertising is really expensive, and currently available for US users only.
So what do you need to do to create a great following base? There are several tips that you’ll need to follow in order to create a good Twitter presence. And in this blog post of SMMAngels we’ll share them with you:
1. Create GREAT and INTERESTING content: It’s very important that your audience finds your tweets interesting. Depending on the niche your trying to target this means different things. If you’re a musician for example, you should try to find news and articles about the industry, videos, free demo downloads, etc
2. Become a guru to your audience: There are more than 600,000,000 users, so you really need to set yourself apart from the rest. You can accomplish this by focusing your tweets to a specific topic, using hashtags that relate to that topic and to have a clear view of your audience and competitors.
3. Create brand awareness: When using Twitter for advertising, you need to understand your account IS a brand, and you need to brand yourself. People are reluctant to follow accounts with a small follower base, because it may seem like that account does not provides relevant information. What successful new accounts do is to buy twitter followers at the beginning to appear more relevant to their audience.
4. Understand your audience: There’s no use on having tons of Twitter followers from Europe when your business is established on America and the other way around. You need make sure that around 80% of your followers are part of your target audience. To help with this you can also buy targeted followers to start or to grow your business.
5. Lastly, there’s always the question: How to reach USA Twitter users, they’re so HARD to keep interested!? It’s basically a mix of the techniques we’ve mentioned. Try to have as MUCH USA followers in the beginning so when new users see your profile they’ll find similar profiles following you and they’ll see you on top of their search results. Buying USA followers is also a great option.
We hope you’ll find these techniques useful! Stay tuned for a next post full of Social Media expert tips!